Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aug 18 The Fun Never Ends

Well the med saga continues. I found out the drs office called the prescriptions into Walgreens instead of CVS. Walgreens filled them so CVS couldn't so CVS had to call them. We picked them up on the way home from the oral surgeon. When I got home one of the pills was the wrong mg and no refills and her sleeping pill was filled with only 15 pills and no refills. I called yesterday to ask what was going on and spoke to the nurse. She was supposed to get everything fixed but never got a call back from them. This is also going to cost an additional $25 to get the right refills. Just DON'T understand why this is so hard.

I phone the oral surgeon first thing Monday and they asked if we could come in right then. So mom didn't get breakfast and we headed out the door. He said he would pull it depending on her coumndin levels. We went in first thing on Tuesday and had the results by 12:30. Her levels were great for getting the tooth pulled. They scheduled it for 8am Wednesday. Mom was none too happy as he was in the Rockledge (about an hour drive) office today which meant we had to get up at 6:45am.

Last night we had our Parents Orientation for work I got home around 9pm. The day was so crazy trying to get moms pills fixed, getting blood work, trying to schedule her tooth pulling and rescheduling her oncologyst visit and getting everything ready for the meeting I was exausted but wound-up when I got home. I "thought" I had taken my sleeping pill. I did some work and went to bed at 11pm, at 2am I think I finally got to sleep. When I got up this morning there sat my sleeping pill??? Am I going crazy or what???

Mom didn't sleep much last night either as she kept checking her clock. Guess she didn't think I would get up on time, lol. We got to the oral surgeon about 8 minutes early and they didn't open the door until 8. We sat there for about 15 minutes before they got her. They took her blood pressure and it was 160/108. They let her sit and watch tv for a while and it finally came down to 140/102 and the dentist said it was OK. God's grace poured down. They had me leave the room and it was only about 15 minutes and she was done. We left the house at 7am and was home at 10am. She has been sleeping off and on. I have been working since I got home and its almost 1pm.

I still haven't heard from the drs office about her meds but just can't deal with that today. At least she has some pills to get her through the next 15 days. I was going to switch to this dr but guess I sure won't now. I only need a dr to refill my sleeping pills right now so don't know what I will do. Guess I could stay with the old dr we left but don't know if he will refill my pills if I don't go in and get my blood work done. Guess I could try and go without them.....

Tomorrow is mom's monthly visit with the oncologyst. Oh forgot that her blood count was back up, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment