Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday 6/18 Changes to Chemo

I took my mom for her follow-up to the surgeons today. We were supposed to see the nurse but the dr was in. God's timing!! She could not sit still for over 5 seconds, literally. She would sit down and I couldn't even count to 5 before she was up and around. While talking with the dr he said it could be the nausea meds. Boy as I said before meds can be difficult. He was going to cut it in half but decided to change it. I am hoping it will get out of her system fast. He also looked at her port which is still very bruised. At first he said he would have to use her vein for chemo and then decided to put it off for a week and then decided to do her chemo every 4 weeks instead of every 3. If she decides to do all 5 chemos it will be done now in November instead of September. He is really a wonderful dr to talk to and very compassionate.

I got a copy of her blood work and her INR was 1.6 and should be at 2.0. Her white blood count should be between 3.9 and 11.20 and her's was 2.74. Her neutrophils (http://www.healthline.com/channel/low-neutrophil-count.html) white blood cells in the bone marrow were 9.0 and should be 40-77. She seemed to have a little more energy today so maybe it is coming up.

I took her to get her hair cut yesterday and now it seems to be falling out. We will see if it all falls out or not. While I was with her it was literally falling out as she walked.

I bought a scale yesterday as I some how can't remember to bring my from home every week. She has lost 2 lbs in the past week. The scale at home showed the same weight as the drs office so that was good.

I have to take her to her gp Monday as they sent all the paperwork for the home health care to his office and he hasn't seen her for almost 8 weeks.


It has been so hot here. In the 90's with a heat index of over 100 every day.

Unless the Lord changes our plans my aunt will be leaving in July and I will stay at mos place until John goes to FIT and then she will come here. It will be way to hard for me to live with her for any length of time as I will have to be there 24/7 unless I call someone to come help. That is where the new website I found will come in handy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment