Monday, October 4, 2010

Oct 4th Lots of Updates

Ok, OK, so I haven't been out here for almost a month. Lots of updates.

Mom had her MRI which took over 1 1/2 hours. She said she NEVER wanted to do that again. The results were they found nothing that would be causing her pain so they are just calling it Neuropathy. Neuropathy does not include swelling so not sure whats up with that. They put her on a low dose of Lyrica but it did nothing. She is now back up to 300mg of neurotin 4 times a day and it is working a little. We have a follow up with the neurologist this month. I am going to call and see if we can up the neurotin again.

We saw the oncologist last week and no chemo is official. She will have to have her port flushed this week and will follow up with them every 3 months unless something comes up. They will not do a PET scan.

I have the home health care nurse again for 6 weeks, one week already gone. I don't think we will be able to continue it after that as I asked what the criteria is and we don't have anything to go on.

Mom decided she wanted to get Life Line so we ordered that. It took a while for her to figure out exactly where to press the button and we had to draw a little black dot. I will now be able to run errands and go to bible study.

Last night at around 11:30pm I heard her call Keo I need help. I went in her room and she was on the floor on her knees. She had gone out in the living room to get some nuts and her legs gave out. She crawled into the bedroom thinking she could get up and couldn't. I could not get her up so had to wake Mike up. Both of our backs are out. I told her she has to stop doing that or wear her life line at night. Her one knee has rug burn on it now. Will see if it bruises.

Mom went to church Sunday and it was a wonderful day. We sat outside for a while in the afternoon and it was beautiful and I saw a hummingbird! Its only the 2nd time I have seen one in the 30 years I have been in Florida.

The weather has been beautiful here and mom sat outside this morning to eat breakfast. She got to see a red headed woodpecker, enjoy the morning and I read some from "Hinds Feet on High Places". I haven't read in a long time.

I can't believe it has been 3 months already since mom moved in. Time sure is flying. I don't know what God has planned but I pray I will be ready for His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment