Sunday, August 15, 2010

August 15, Birthday tomorrow

Mom had her blood checked Tuesday afternoon and we got the call on Wednesday that her blood count was down to 213 and we needed to up her coumdin to 1.5mgs. She has been VERY tired but the pain in her body has subsided. She has been walking without her walker saying that she is trying to get stronger. I am concerned that she might fall.

My uncle and his wife from S.C. came and visited mom on Wednesday for about 2 hours. She was really tired after that and slept for a while.

Her new gp's office is just as bad as the other drs. I phoned Friday to ask why they hadn't referred her to a rheumitologist(?) yet and they said there was a note in her chart saying I would call when we want referred.I also asked them to call in two refills and they never did. So I have to call them first thing tomorrow. Her pointer finger is beginning to hurt now along with her thumb. I am still not sure its not nureopthy(?). They called back and said she has an appt on the 25th. I called the rheum. office and asked if she could get in sooner as the 26th is her next chemo. They said they would call if they have a cancellation.

This evening she went in to brush her teeth and came out with part of her tooth in a cup. This tooth was causing her problems before she was diagnosed with cancer but hadn't given her any pain since. I called the oncologyist and they said to stop taking the coumdin and call the dentist in the morning. I need to make sure they know she is on coumdin and is taking chemo. I don't know if they will want to see her tomorrow or wait. I am a little concerned about her getting an infection so will let them know about that. Bummer because its her birthday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment