Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 25 New dr day

Mom went to see the rheumatologyst(?) today. She was nice and thinks it may be gout. Learn new things almost every day. Gout is a form of arthritis, never knew that. If it is gout it means her kidneys are not working which is probably from the chemo. A change of diet will help. No red meat and less carbs,no shell fish and no high fat fish, like salmon and no high frutose corn syrup. Hummm. Interesting.

The pill saga I think has been solved for now. I just called the pharmacy and they had the refill for the 180mgs Diavon but it was on hold. After telling them that the dr made a mistake they call Tricare and they approved it being filled.

Tomorrow is chemo. The dr we saw today is hoping the meds mom has tomorrow will help her hand for at least a week and that will give them time to figure out what is causing the swelling and pain.

I am really starting to slow down. I actually had a very small anxiety attack today on the way to the drs. I praise God I knew what it was and was able to call on Him and take some deep breaths and get through it quickly. I have to hang on to God more and more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment