Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 1, pills and more pills

Wow September already.

Chemo went well and with the lowered Taxol it seems to have helped. Mom had stomach pains which has been the one recurring thing but it only lasted for 1 day. The pre-meds did not help with the swelling in her hand, so I called the rheum. on Thursday afternoon. They called me back on Friday and said her blood work did not show gout but they were putting her on prednisone for 12 days and then want new blood work taken again. Don't know when or how long it will take to work but hope it does as she is in a lot of pain.

Pills, pills, pills. So now she has to take a pill 30 minutes before breakfast, one pill before breakfast and 3 pills after breakfast. Then 1 pill after lunch and dinner and 3 pills before bed. The good thing is all refills are up-to-date as of today.

Mom got her blood work done yesterday and her blood work was great!! They did lower her coumidin to 1mg. My brain is on drugs, lol.

My brother called my mom and is planning on being here on the 10th for a week.

Mom has told me and several others that she is not sure she will take the next 2 chemos but has not made a decision. I think she is just tired of being in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment