Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7, MUCH happening

It is hard for me to even post this and debated if I should. Sunday Sept 5th we were watching t.v. and mom bolted up and started saying "I am sorry I have to go, I have to go home, I'm sorry I have to leave." Of course I didn't know what to do. She said she didn't hurt she just had to go. Then she thought she was going to throw up but then said she wanted to go to bed. In the midst of all this I phoned 911 as "what else do you do". Hopefully I have learned NOT to do that again. Her blood pressure was 186/110. The fire guy said oh that is probably her regular blood pressure, of course I told him no where close except when she had her tooth pulled. Well we spent over 4 hours in the ER in which they gave her pain meds and nausea meds which did not help her hand pain at all and then sent her home with a pain med that I told them she couldn't take as she throws it up. They did take an xray of her hand but never even told us what it showed. The one good thing was that the ER dr said he thought her hand pain was probably from a nerve problem.

We arrived home and got settled around 10pm. Mom said she was sure the Lord was taking her home but that she no longer wanted to go to any drs appt she didn't have to and didn't want anymore chemo. I told her that was fine.

Yesteray we were both spent and today it is a little back to our normal. Of course yesterday was a holiday so couldn't call any drs. Today I called her rheum. and asked if they could refer her to a nurologist and they gave me names of 3 drs in their group. I pulled out the yellow pages and it opened to nurologist and this drs name just jumped out at me, thank you God!!! I called them and they could get mom in next Tuesday. I phoned 2 other drs groups the 2nd one said Wednesday or Thursday of next week and the 3rd one said November. So I went with the first. It will be a whole week now.

I phoned the oncologyst and told them that mom no longer wanted chemo. They really want her to come in to the appt. she has Thursday to get the pros and cons of quitting. I am sure this will be an exausting visit emotionally.

She had her blood work today and they said it looked good. I don't know when the rheum. office will call and let us know how her uric acid level was.

I did tell work that there was no way I could work this week and deal with everything. This has been VERY hard for me but I need to let it go right now. My brother is supposed to be in town on Saturday and stay for a week. My husband has been WONDERFUL.

Can you believe I actually felt like baking today and baked 2 pies this evening, a peach cream and peach/raspberry cream. The raspberries are from my garden. While they were cooking I looked out at my back yard garden to see 4 types of birds having a great time including, 2 blue jays that came very close the to the door and other birds bathing in my bird bath. I LOVE Gods nature.

I know that God has all this in His hands I MUST cling to him in everything. I haven't done such a good job at that but He gently reminds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment