Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 2, drs!!

The home health care nurse came today and this was her last day. She has been so nice and helpful. She was concerned about the pain in moms hand and asked her from 1 to 10 how is the pain. Mom said a 9. She said she would call the rheum. office and ask if they could give her something for pain and we said OK. She called and they said oh the gout in her foot. My, my, my. Then they said why didn't she call her gp. Well her gp referred her to you. my my my. They called me back later and wanted to know if I had made her 2 week follow-up. I told them "you sent me her paper to have blood work done, but how long after she takes her Prednidone can she have her blood work done?" She then replied oh she has to wait at least a week after that. So I said let me pull out the calendar, if she has to wait a week then she can't have her blood work until the 15, then we have to wait for the results from the blood work before we come in right?". She said yes, so then I say "that means the earliest she could come in is the 17th. The lady then says "oh let me see if the dr will call in something for pain". Well they call back and say the dr will call in Loritab which I had already told the nurse when we went in that she threw that up and couldn't take it. So the lady says I will see if the dr will call in something else. She never called back, oh yes and they never did schedule her follow-up appt. She also said she wanted her uric acid blood work done again tomorrow. Now what I don't understand is that she had that done last week on Wednesday and they told me it was not an elevated level but if she is in a gout flair it wouldn't show up but she is still in a flair and they want another uric acid blood work done. my, my, my. I am beginning to think I am Alice in Wonderland. I have to remind myself that God uses all things for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment