Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 6, Monday Feb 7

Friends and family,

God continues to show his faithfulness to us even in the smallest way. Last night I told Helen I wish they had a vending machine because I really wanted some peanut M&M's. This morning when we got up and went to the kitchen guess what was there! Yes peanut M&M's.

I also want to share that the nurse that had asked me about borrowing the lotion came in and was almost crying when she said she saw all the lotion I had bought. She told us she was going to share the house book. She came back in and gave us a scrap book and told us that her mother was the one that started this hospice house. She said when her father was dying her mother had no where to take him. After he died she decided she didn't want anyone else to go through what she went through.

We had a great weekend with lots of wonderful visitors and it was an emotional and spiritual high.

Mom is now on around the clock pain meds instead of waiting until she is uncomfortable. She is much more unresponsive now because of that but we know she still hears and understand some. They gave her a shot last night and her eyes flew open.

We have come to the point that we are asking that no one come to visit her except family or pastors. I know you will all understand and will continue to pray for us. Its hard to believe mom has been at hospice house for 6 days.

I pray these emails make sense as I am quickly typing them but want to update those who want to know what is going on.

Love, Keo

No comments:

Post a Comment