Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Life's Final Breath

For most of you who are reading this it will be Wednesday Feb 9, 2011.

Mom went home to heaven at around 11:10pm last night.

It was a hard day but the most peaceful and wonderful home going.

After a rather hard day of breathing and LOTS of mucus coming up and rattling the CNA came and gave her a bath. Helen helped the CNA rub lotion on her body and get her turned and settled. How much the whole scene brought to mind the scriptures about the death of Christ.

The nurse said she wouldn't be surprised if tonight would be the night. Helen and I sat with her and talked to her and cried. I felt I wanted to read some more out of "Hinds Feet on High Places" which I have been reading to mom since her cancer diagnosis. The following is what I read.

When he had finished, Much-Afraid lifted her face toward the High Places which were quie invisible and spoke quitely through the mist. "My Lord, behold me-here I am, in the place thou didst send me to-doing he thing thou didst tell me to do, for where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried; the Lord do so to me, and more also if aught but death part thee and me. Ruth 1:17
Still there was silence, a silence as of the grave, for indeed she was in the grave of her own hopes and still without the promised hinds' feet, still outside the High Places with even the promise to be laid down on the altar. This was the place to which the long, heartbreaking journey had led her. Yet just once more before she laid it down on the altar, Much-Afraid repeated the glorious promise which had been the cause of her staring for the High Places, "The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet and he will make me to walk upon mine High Places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments" Hab 3:19
The priest put forth a hand of steel right into her heart. There was a sound of rending and tearing, and the human love, with all its myriad rootlets and fibers, came forth. He held it for a moment and then said, "Yes, it was ripe for removal, the time had come."

With that reading my mother took her final breath and went to be with the Lord. That was not the end of the book, but it was the end of my mothers earthly life.

Helen and I were soooo blessed at that moment. We looked at each other and smiled. What a spiritual high we have been on since.

We know that the angels are rejoicing but with that came the demons reviling, that another soul had arrived with the Lord. We would ask that you pray for us now more than before, that we will be able put on the armour of God and stand the test.

Thank you for walking with us on this journey, for all those that brought meals, called and prayed for us.

To God be the glory. Keo

1 comment:

  1. I know the pain & wonder of a Mom going home. When my mom was taking her last breaths, she said, "they found me" I didn't understand that till someone gave me Billy Graham's book, "Angels" (ringing assurance that we are not alone) states: "At death, the faithful will be ushered by angels into the presence of God." Then I knew what my Mom meant. Keo, I was to bring you & Helen lunch today, but I told Darlene if you need dinner to let me know. This journey has not ended, it has only begun, Christ will show you the way & give you strength. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete