Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 54 updates

Saturday a new home health care nurse came to visit. She told us that mom should take a shower and the nurse Friday said no way. I asked what we should do since there were two different opinions. She said to call the dr. The Saturday nurse also said to take her stomach meds 1 hour in the morning before she eats and the bottle said take with or without food. Her regular nurse came Monday and I asked her opinion and she said at least 1/2 hour before food. Now comes the Boniva which she takes once a month and that is supposed to be 1 hr before eating in the morning. So since both pills can't be taken at the same time today the stomach pill had to be taken before lunch or dinner. Boy meds can be hard.

We had to get blood work done today. We went to the hospital and had to check in but they are putting her on a weekly schedule so hopefully we won't have to check in every time now. Her arms are still so bruised and puffy that they had to take it out of her hand. They had to stick her twice which wasn't good but I did get them to NOT put tape on it as part of her arm problems were trying to get the tape off.

I went grocery/stuff shopping twice today once before I picked her up and once after. Hopefully we are pretty much done now. I did purchase one of those soap dispensers that is automatic and it works great. It will be much better in the bathroom and some hand sanitizer. This may seem gross to some but if you are on the toilet and wipe and then grab the walker, go to the sink wash your hands and then turn around and grab the walker again there are germs all over the walker. So I told her, after you wash your hands put a little hand sanitizer on the walker handles.

My aunt told me that she got up in the middle of the night and didn't turn on the light so my aunt didn't wake up and that she fell but fell into the wall. Praise God!! I pray this helps her remember to turn on the light so my aunt can help her.

Before she came home from the hospital the first time we took the wheels off her bed so it would be lower but today she said it was still too high. I had my aunt call my cousins husband to come take the frame completely off and it is much better. Her mattress is one of those very thick ones.

Well I think we finally have things set in her house and she has some new comfortable clothes and plenty of food for a while.

I came home as was exhausted and tried to take a nap. Just as I was falling asleep the PT guy called to schedule tomorrow and then I was awake. I went outside to work a bit in my garden and when I got back in the drs office had called at 5:30pm. They said they got her blood work back and some of the levels were off and needed to ask some questions. When I called back the answering machine said the office closed at 5pm so I couldn't get in touch with anyone. They are opened tomorrow at 8:30am so will call first thing. Mom called and said they called her and said her clotting level was off and asked if she had an infection so not looking forward to the call tomorrow.

Today it really hit me as to how weak she is getting. It really took everything to get her to the hospital to get her blood work. It even went through my mind that if this continues she will be in a wheel chair soon........ She has been able to get her socks and shoes on by herself but couldn't today......

No comments:

Post a Comment