Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 63 update

I didn't go to sleep until almost midnight last night. You know how you get started on a project and forget what time it is. Whenever I get to sleep late I don't know why but I get up earlier. It was 7am and I was wide awake I decided since I was awake I would go shopping at Walmart. I needed some groceries and a window cover for our back room. We have blinds but the are outside mount and will not work now that the bed will be against them unless we want to continue to hit our heads.

The more and more I thought about the way we were treated on the phone yesterday by the drs office I decided to go in around 10am and find out who I spoke with and what the problem was. I found out we were talking with the receptionist and I asked to speak with her she came to the window and I asked her why she was the way she was on the phone and that my mom has stage IV cancer and we were asking for a smaller dose of meds not a larger one. She stated we wanted to know if we could break it in half. I said no that is not what we asked and the nurse and I were both there. And why did she keep saying to take her off of it? Then she said there wasn't even a smaller dose but then she looked it up and said there was. I said why would she have problems with her upper back if she was constipated which is what she said yesterday. I told her we never said she had lower back pain and she said yes you do. I walked out of there in tears. Another receptionist stopped me at the door and apologized and said they would call in another dose and told her I would never be speaking with that receptionist again and that I would be calling the home health care nurse and see if she could write anything. I called the HH nurse and she said she probably could not write anything but had problems with this receiptionst before. The other nurse called a minute ago and said they had called in the smaller dose of meds. I am really not sure that I want to continue with this dr. he is my personal gp also. The dr seems kind a compassionate but I did find out that he was standing there the whole time this conversation was going on so he knew how she was talking on the phone!!!

I just called my aunt and found out my mom wanted to go to the bathroom around 10:30pm. My aunt told her to call and she did this time but after she got up with the walker she feel to her knees and couldn't get up and my aunt couldn't help her either. My mom said can't I just lay here. I guess finally my aunt helped her to get up.

Am I ready to go stay there.........Please pray that I will have what is needed and if I don't then God will provide.

I did order her a bed and dresser to be delivered at my house on the 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment