Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Day 42 Rest Day

When I arrived home last night I decided to do some searching on chemo scarves and caps. Couldn't find an on line pattern I liked but found a site that showed a McCalls pattern that they said was the best for caps and scarves. I couldn't find my JoAnns flyer but knew that McCall patterns were or had been on sale. I looked up JoAnns on line and they were on sale NOW. I stopped at JoAnns this morning on my way to the hospital and they actually had it in stock. http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m4116-products-1018.php?page_id=104. Mom says she is NOT losing her hair. I told her fine then I won't sew anything until she does.

I got to the hospital around 10:30 and left around 3:30. She slept most of the day. I went out at lunch and of course the drs nurse came while I was gone :( Guess she didn't say much. They are waiting for her INR to level out before they release her. Her blood pressure has still been high and she really looked flushed today. She was also very cold all day. I should try and take in a real blanket tomorrow.

They changed the dressing on the port today and it was still swollen. Before I left I had the nurse look at it and she said oh yeah the drs nurse said to put ice on it. That was at noon and it was 3:30! She came back in with a glove filled with ice.

They removed the arm I.V. and put them in the port. I am glad I decided to fix the other robe I bought for her. It snaps up the front and then I slit the sleeves and put velcro in them. Even thought she doesn't have the arm IV I was able to put the port tubing into the velcro so it doesn't pull on her port. She still has the fluids and heprin.

The floor nurse gave me a book called "Understanding Chemotherapy". It was actually pretty good and gave me info I had never heard before.

No comments:

Post a Comment