Friday, July 2, 2010

July 2 Friday 2010 Day 71

Lots since I last blogged. Hard to get an internet connection.

Things with her gp went from bad to worse. They would not call in a prescription and then the office told Home Health Care that the dr would not sign off the paperwork because she hadn't been there in 60 days. WHAT!! I had just talked to the office that day.

We did her blood work on Tuesday. Wednesday I got a call from the chemo nurse and they increased her coumdin to 2.5mg now.

Yesterday was a LONG day. We left the house at 10am and got home at 4pm. Her appt was at 10:30am but didn't get started until around 11am. When we arrived home she went right to bed and got up around 7:30pm and ate a little soup that someone dropped off and then went to bed.

She was up appox. 10 times last night so neither of us got much sleep. At 8am I finally got up but am sort of in walking sleep mode.

They never got the paperwork for the handicapped permit. At one point I decided to go home as I could not get on the wifi at McDonalds and really needed to get some work done. While I was there I grabbed the copies I made of the paperwork and took it to the office. I couldn't make a copy of the copy as the printer is at my moms so hope they don't lose it.

I also asked the nurse if they could write a letter stating that she can not live alone and they were more than happy to do that. I just received a call while typing this saying that the letter is ready and they will be mailing it today. We will see what the apt managent is willing to do.

Last time mom had chemo she began getting sick on the 2nd day after the chemo so I am planning on giving her a nauseu pill tonight and then every 12 hours for a couple of days to see if that helps any.

My brother is supposed to fly in on the 14th and my mom is REALLY looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment