Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 21

I find it hard to believe it has been 3 weeks since this all began. Right now it seems all consuming and feels like there is nothing else going on in life. I did sit outside and read my bible yesterday evening for a little while and did the same this morning. Connecting with my Lord is my life line. Why do we so often go outside of our relationship with Him.

I spoke with the dr at rehab this morning and she was surprised nothing was done at the hospital and she was there for 4 days. The hospital did not really have anything in her records either about what they did so we had to tell her all that happened. She kept apologizing for what happened and I told her it was not her fault and that I will be contacting the hospital about the admitting dr.

I got mom dressed and it was a beautiful morning so I put her in her wheel chair and took her outside for a while. I read the first 3 chapters of 1 Samuel. It was a nice time. The greatest part of this whole thing is spending time with my mom in the scriptures.

I told my mom today I would let her sit in her room to eat for a couple of days and then she needed to start going to the dining room. After I left she told my cousin and aunt that she was going to the dining room but she did not tell them in time. Tomorrow she is going to the dining room for lunch and my cousin and aunt will eat with her.

They did not start pt with her today but I am sure tomorrow will be the beginning. She is so weak and needs to build up her arms and legs. If she went home now I would be concerned she would fall.

I called the surgeon to let them know she is back at rehab and didn't have the filter put in. They are supposed to return my phone call so I can set up a follow-up appt with them. She is supposed to have her staples taken out in 1 week.

1 comment:

  1. You are a very dedicated and blessed daughter! I am glad you shared scriptures with your Mom. From Deut. 33:25 ~ And as thy days, so shall thy strength be.

    ReplyDelete