Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 33 Always a Dr to call or visit

Wednesday already!! Since my mom is not supposed to check into the hospital until Saturday I phoned her cardiologist and asked if I could bring her in to get her INR checked and they said sure! I was a little hesitant as Wednesday's at the cardiologist is usually crazy as that is the day they do all their stress tests. Well glory there was no one there as the dr is in France of all places so it only took a few minutes to get her checked. It was 1.9 which is low and what I figured. They called today and said to put her on 1.5mg of coumdin instead of the 1mg which the rehab had her on.

I phoned her gp's office to see if the dr. wanted to see her before she goes into the hospital and the receptionist said "I don't think so since she has been in the hospital and rehab". I asked her to please ask the dr. I surely don't want the receptionist making that decision. She phoned back a little while later saying the dr wanted to know if her INR had been checked. I told her I had just been in and then she stated that her file has nothing in it from any of the hospitals, rehab, oncologist, gyn or cardiologist. So my afternoon has included trying to call all these drs and getting them to fax all their info to her gp. I thought having all the health info on the computer now was supposed to solve all these types of problems, NOT.

Its 2:51pm and no word from the oncologist's office to confirm checking into the hospital on Saturday....

No comments:

Post a Comment