Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 24 Tired

I am still sick but getting a little better each day. Mom didn't sleep last night so was tired today. They took her to PT, OT and speech. Its funny because speech therapy is really working with the memory. She plays card games and I think is beginning to enjoy it. The woman in OT said she really wanted to work on her balance which I think is a MUST.

I told mom today that I would call the oncologist office and ask them to send orders for the Rehab place to take out her staples but that we MUST see the dr soon. I will try and make an appt for Friday or the following Tuesday. The dr does surgery on Monday and Wednesday. We have to find out when and how chemo will be done.

The Rehab has not had anyone come in and do an ultra sound yet. Guess it won't happen until Monday now. She did put her on a low fat diet. My aunt said she ate a good lunch. I left at around 11:30 to go eat lunch with Mike. BIG mistake, Palm Bay High had their graduation and lots of people there after graduation.

Mom gets a break on Sunday from therapy so she will be glad!! It just amazes me that she has been back at rehab for 4 days and they have not given her a bath yet. They keep coming in and asking her if she wants a shower and she tells them she can't as she still has a dressing on her staples and I was told she couldn't have one by the dr until the staples are out. Crazy!!

1 comment:

  1. Keo,
    Thank you for sharing your journey with your mother through this blog...it reminds be so of how Jesus walks with us, how He is our advocate, and how His eye is ever on the sparrow.
    The Peace and love of Christ be with you and your Mom.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete