Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 35 God is in control

This morning I was able to sit outside and read the scriptures!! Such a hot and beautiful day. I was looking at the butterfly tree that had been over 10 ft tall but froze to the ground this winter. It is really starting to grown back. But what is interesting is there has been a plant growing next to it. I wasn't sure what it was as the trunk is so big. I figured it had to be a weed to be so big but decided to let it grow. As it has grown I realized it is a sunflower. The leaves are huge and it is so healthy. I have NEVER grown a sunflower that has done this well. I realized that the seed for this huge flower had to have been carried by a bird or animal when I grew my puny sunflowers last year. This beautiful huge sunflower would not be there if I had not planted the seed, the animal had not carried it to my large bush and bush had not died. Hummm God is so awesome. We NEVER know what our actions will produce.

I Corn 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth. Now he who plants and he who waters are one: but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.

I planted a seed but had NOTHING to do with what was produced.

Prayer for tomorrow is that God will be glorified in all that takes place. Do I really beleive that what I believe is really real?? Let my actions show I really believe.

1 comment:

  1. Keo, how awesome of God to give you your own personalized parable ..."The Parable of the Sunflower" : )...thank you for sharing, it's a powerful encouragement.

    ReplyDelete