Sunday, May 16, 2010

Quiet Sunday

Wow a great respite, and greatly needed. Wonderful with sisters in prayer this morning and wonderful worship at church and sermon.

Had to pick up some things for mom on the way today and got there around 1:30. My aunt and cousin left when I arrived. They had been there for an hour and my cousins back was bad so they won't be coming tomorrow.

I helped mom get up, washed and dressed. I even washed her hair in the sink.I did notice a spot on her tail bone so told the nurses. They were in the middle of shift change so don't know if anything will get done today but will make sure she gets an air mattress tomorrow. No bed sores needed!!

At 2 I took her to the ice cream parlor and she got a small cone and ate all of it. My aunt said she ate a good lunch so happy about that.

I asked at the nurses station when she was having her ultra sound and they said it is scheduled for tomorrow so she can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight. Wonder when or if they would ever have told her???? Prayers will be nothing wrong with her gallbladder.

I have done some research on the types of chemo they use for this type of cancer. Only one is pill or IV. All the rest are IV. One you stay in the hospital for 3 days and get IV fluids.
http://www.chemocare.com/bio/doxorubicin.asp
http://www.medicinenet.com/cyclophosphamide/article.htm
http://www.chemocare.com/bio/cisplatin.asp
http://www.chemocare.com/bio/carboplatin.asp
Most of them have a low blood count side effect, nausea, vomiting, hair loss.

I was so grateful for a friend at church, who has been a nurse for many years, who called and suggested that I get into the surgeons office asap so that he can take over her medical problems and will look at her from an overall perspective. Please pray that I can get in by the end of the week and no further added medical problems. Oh yes and that she can get her staples out.

I just received a call from friends at church that are on their way to visit with her. I know she will appreciate that.

Praise God from whom all blessing flow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment