Monday, May 10, 2010

More on my journey

I thought I would take a little break on writing all the history and just blog. Today is day 19. Hard to believe day 19 with my mom since all this started. She is back in the hospital where she started all this with a blood clot in her leg. I will say more about this later. I know this is hard on her and it is also very hard on me. I think the hardest part has been dealing with the drs and nurses and trying to understand what they are trying to tell you or not tell you. Some other issues have been drs trying to get the patient out of the hospital as quick as possible, some drs with attitudes, some nurses with attitudes and not knowing what questions to ask to get the right answers and one dr saying one thing while another says something different.





I have always known that you have to be your advocate with medical issues but have learned through this that you have to learn to do research, research, research. I have also learned that I really do need to keep a record of what has happened each day. More later.

1 comment:

  1. Keo, you are so correct on the needing to be an advocate. I learned that more each day that my Mom was in the hospital (6.5 wks in ICU after a car accident). It can be exhausting but so necessary. Our prayers continue with your Mom, you, and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete