Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 37 Sunday

The hospital called at 11:30 to say mom's room was ready. I was surprised that they actually called. Of course the lady I spoke with said to check in at the heart center as it is a holiday weekend. After I got mom inside and found a place to park they told me we had to go through the emergency room. They did take her there in a wheel chair but I had to walk carrying her walker.

While we were waiting I was able to read some of the report from the surgery and now I really want to get a copy. It really said a lot of things that we had not heard before. It said that the dr told us about hospice which he did not. I think from reading the report that there was more invasive surgery than we were told about also.

She is back on the same floor and we knew all the nurses, CNA's, food delivery and cleaning ladies. Kind of funny it is nice that there are no male workers there.

I spoke with the nurse today and she stated that when they do her chemo they will move her to the 8th floor and then back to the 4th either that day or the next. We are not sure when the surgery for the port will be on Wednesday. We will probably find out on Tuesday as tomorrow is Memorial Day.

I spent a couple of hours with her today and we took 2 walks. The nurse told her she really needed to get up and around. Tomorrow we will try and take a walk every 2 hours.

I bought her a snap up robe and slit the sleeves and put in velcro so she can wear it instead of those lovely hospital gowns. Don't know if she will like the velcro or not. If not then I will buy the snap tape and put snaps in instead. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. If everything goes as planned she will be in the hospital for at least another 5 days so at least it will be nice for that short time.

Glory to God who is in control of ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment