Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday May 20 am

As I was reading my bible this morning it came to me that anyone can pray for a miracle and when God answers, praise Him. But how do we act and how do we praise Him when He does not do a miracle? What is our motivation for a miracle? I have had a couple of people pray "powerful" prayers of healing, praying for the cancer to wither, flee and go. But not one has ever checked back to see how my mom is doing. Compassion, God wants compassion.

Yesterday my mom was I believe a little depressed. I don't know if its because she HATES change and will be going home on Saturday or because of the appt with the oncologist. She really will not talk about it. I went up thinking yeah she gets to get a real shower and get up and get going. She was not as optimistic as me. She laid in bed until almost 10am.

On the rehab side her roommate told me that the night CNA/orderly kept coming in every hour and standing at the end of her bed until she woke up and then went to my moms bed. He would leave the door open so she would have to go close it as no one would come back to shut it. She said boy was that creepy. I promptly went to the head nurse and told her "NO MALES are allowed in that room".

I stayed until around lunch and then phoned to ask her what she wanted for dinner. She said Chick Fil A. I said you just had that yesterday and she said yeah but I could'nt eat it all. One thing I do need to watch is that she has not been drinking enough again.

Well getting a LATE start to the day it is almost 9am. Off to rehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment