Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 23 Mom's sick

Last night around 5:30pm I called mom and she said she threw-up twice. They gave her a shot for nausea and I think it made her sleepy.

I was well enough today to go up and she was eating when I got there. Of course she didn't eat much. The aide came in and gave her a bath and got her dressed. Then the lady came in to take her to PT. She did PT and they came in and took an x-ray of her stomach. Then they took her to OT. They said they would break up her ot so she wouldn't be too tired and of course they did not. I finally went and got her after she had been there for almost and hour.

When she got to her room she said she didn't want to eat, could she have an Ensure. I went to talk with the nurse and he brought her in a little cup of energy drink to see how she would do.

The dr came in and said her pancreas level was a little high and that could mean gallstones so she was ordering an ultra sound and maybe a CT. They can do the ultra sound at rehab but not sure what they will do to get her a CT. I asked if the cancer could be causing these problems and the dr said yes.

I came home to wash her clothes and nightgowns and will go back up around 5pm. My aunt is sitting up with her now so at least someone is there with her. I am sure she will sleep most of the afternoon if they let her.

No comments:

Post a Comment