Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20pm Up and down day, Mom and Dad

Today was just one of those days. I had so many plans but had to do some work for my actual job. I planned on baking cinnamon rolls and taking them up. I remembered them as I was driving to rehab at 10am.

When I got there mom was in OT. I talked with one of the ladies who has been VERY nice and she gave me several print outs and a website for some things when mom goes home. After we talked the speech lady talked with me. She said she has noticed that my moms memory and understanding has gone down hill a little and she was concerned that my mom not go home and be by herself and perhaps consider long term care. I had just talked with my friend last night about what will happen if she can't be by herself. I told them I would come get her when the pastor came to give her the Lord's Supper. As I was walking back to her room I just broke down. I am glad her roommate was not there. While I was having my breakdown 2 pastors came in. We talked a little and then I went to get my mom. There is woman who is at rehab that is the mom of our church administrator so we got her also.

We had a WONDERFUL fellowship in the library just the 5 of us and took the Lord's Supper and they anointed both ladies will oil and prayer. What a SWEET time.

I got my mom back to her room and as lunch arrived another lady from church came to visit. After her visit my mom began to cry and I asked why. She said "there are so many people praying for me". I left around 2pm as my husband was flying in today from Denver. We went out to dinner around 4pm which was nice.

Just as I laid down on the couch this evening my dad called. He will be going to Seattle soon as his aneurysm has gotten big enough for them to do surgery. He is not sure if they will do the major surgery or the stint. He is supposed to call when he finds out.

I called mom around 6pm and asked how she was doing. She had just gotten ready for bed. I said "one more day" and she replied "kind of scary".

I did get a hold of the oncologist office again today and they said I will find out Monday what the schedule will be for next week. They will probably admit her on Wednesday. Sunday home health care will come and asses her.

So much still yet to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment